Mann Eye Institute is happy to share with you our diligence and dedication in following guidelines for co-management compliance in the wake of anti-kickback lawsuits continuing to surface across the US. We continue to strive for more ways to increase compliance for our surgeons and co-managed optometrists.
Please review the following changes & recommendations:
- The Mann Eye surgeons and co-management team have created a ‘Co-managing Cataract post-operative Care Guide’.
- We recommend more testing be performed during post op care by the optometrist (e.g., topographical mapping, OCT, refractometry, etc.).
- MEI surgeons will see all cataract one day post op patients to allow for proper documentation in alignment with CMS guidelines for documenting chief complaints for both surgical eyes at separate visits: surgeons’ responsibility.
- It is our intent for this guide to provide reinforcement of compliance guidelines.
Additional platforms we also have in place to help all parties in comanaging care of patients to ensure we are in compliance with regulatory requirements:
- Comanagement post op payments through CoFi OR self-collecting direct from your patient in your office
- Open communication between surgeon and comanaging optometrist
- Doctor referral portal for you and your staff.
For those who elect to direct refer cataract surgery patients, we promise to provide the same exceptional care to your patients before they return to you. Thank you for the opportunity to partner with you to help your patients SEE LIFE BETTER!