The Patient Services Coordinator is responsible for answering telephone calls from patients, advertising and referral inquires. They will provide superior customer service to convert calls to patient consultations/appointments in a professional, courteous, knowledgeable manner and serve as a resource for patients and referring doctors.
1. Answer all incoming telephone calls within three rings.
2. Answer all incoming telephone calls in a patient-friendly, customer service-oriented manner: “Thank you for calling Mann Eye Institute and Laser Center. This is X, how may I help you?”
3. Capture key patient demographics during the scheduling process including home phone number, cell phone number, email address, doctor referral information, marketing data and insurance information.
4. Send the following call types necessary emails, i.e. maps, appt confirmations, cat packets: New Patients/Cataracts/LASIK/Contact Lens/Over 50
5. Remind each patient what is needed for their appointment: insurance cards, medication list, glasses and contact lenses, where to find forms, directions, etc
6. Close with “Thank you for calling us today. We look forward to seeing you.”
7. Call the appropriate office with information when scheduling same-day “add-ons” to schedule.
8. Close all surgical inquiry calls to consultation/exam.
9. Input all non-closed leads and website leads into the marketing program (MDProspects).
10. Complete a minimum of 50 Brevium outbound calls per week.
11. Return voicemail same business day as received.
12. Maintain full coverage in the call center at all times.
13. Maintain patient confidentiality in accordance with HIPAA and practice guidelines.
14. Maintain positive working relationships with all staff members.
15. Other duties as assigned.
Essential Skills and Abilities:
1. Ability to effectively triage calls from patients to ensure appropriate scheduling
2. Excellent customer service and communication skills
3. Ability to work as a team member
4. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
5. Empathetic with patients’ needs and concerns
6. Well organized with attention to detail
7. Treat patients with respect
8. Windows-based operation system knowledge
Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. 2 years of prior call center or customer service experience
3. Medical practice experience, preferably within an eye care practice is preferred