If you suffer from moderate to severe nearsightedness, then glasses or contacts are likely part of your daily routine. Now, there’s a more convenient answer for improved vision: the Visian ICL.
The Visian ICL is an implantable contact lens that is inserted into the eye between the iris and natural lens for permanent vision correction. Oftentimes, this advanced technology is the best chance for optimized vision for Mann Eye Institute patients that suffer from nearsightedness.
- Great results: provides an excellent chance for life without glasses or contacts
- Safe: Visian ICL lenses have been successfully implanted in over 55,000 eyes worldwide
- Maintenance-free: permanent solution to bothersome contact lenses
- Removable: can be removed if results are inadequate, although patients rarely request to do so
- Invisible: after it is implanted, it cannot be seen by the naked eye
- Minimally invasive: implanting is fast and virtually painless
- Biocompatible: made from Collamer, a highly biocompatible copolymer
In clinical trials performed for the Visian ICL, it was found that:
- 95% of patients had 20/40 eyesight or better without glasses or contact lenses, allowing them to drive a car without the need for corrective eyewear
- 59% of patients achieved 20/20 vision or better
- 92% of patients were very satisfied or extremely satisfied with the improvement of their vision